Lawyers for Wills & Trusts
Plan for Your Future.
Our Wills & Trusts Services
Our services can include everything from crafting a will package and power of attorney to creating complex trusts and alternative estate planning documents.
Wills vs Trusts
There are a number of differences between a will and a trust. These are just a few:
- A will goes into effect after you die, while a trust becomes active as soon as it’s created and can govern your affairs while you are alive and after your death.
- A will is in the public records, while a trust can be held privately.
- A trust can pass property without probate.
- A trust provides for disability while you are alive.
- A trust can determine terms of inheritance for minor children or beneficiaries.
How We're Different
McCarthy & Akers, PLC focuses on you.
We believe that the best estate plans are the result of a balanced collaboration between client and attorney. No two people or families are alike, and therefore, there are no “one-size-fits-all” estate plans.
That’s why we look at each situation individually, and work closely together with our clients to create a customized estate plan for their current and ongoing needs.
We are different from most law firms in that our firm is focused on estate planning and has over 50 years of experience. Let us help you create your estate plan to protect you, your beneficiaries, and your assets.