Manassas Will & Estate Lawyer
Looking for the Right Prince William County Will and Estate Attorney To Create or Update A Last Will or Living Will To Ensure Your Wishes Are Fulfilled, Avoid or Minimize Probate Court Hassles, Protect Your Legacy and Make Sure Your Loved Ones Are Provided For?
Why Choose McCarthy & Akers PLC?
- Custom Plans & Solutions – You and your family are unique. That’s why we don’t use fill-in-the-blank form documents. Your Will is YOUR Will. Together we create plans that best fulfill your dreams and goals.
- Proactive Approach – We help clients prevent legal problems and mistakes before they happen.
- Confidential Case Assessment – During your phone assessment, we will listen to you and help you determine your next steps.
- Focused Legal Practice – Our firm has always concentrated on elder law, estate planning, asset protection, trust administration, long-term care plans, and closely related areas.
- We’re Here For You Afterwards – After creating your will, we’ll be here for you for years to come as your assets, situation, or wishes change.
- No Hidden Fees – Know the costs before starting (in most situations).
- Experienced – In our many years in business, we’ve helped hundreds of families protect their legacy and plan for their future.
- We Take Complex & Difficult Cases – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matter. We do what’s necessary, even in challenging situations. Our attorneys have tried cases at all levels of the Virginia Courts including appeals before the Virginia Supreme Court.
- Alignment with Family Value – We help you consider family dynamics that better ensure your values are carried on.
- Highly Responsive – We strive for “freaky fast” returned client calls. No going dark or waiting days to hear back.
- Client Education Focused – You’ll get a clear & concise understanding of each step in the process.
- Trusted – Elder Counsel Member (Your Success. Our Commitment. Excellence in Elder Law and Special Needs.)
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Named among Virginia’s “Legal Elite” by Virginia Business Magazine. Lead Counsel Rated. Awarded the Distinguished Member designation by the Thomas More Law Center. See some of our client reviews below.
Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Or Request A Consultation
Call (540) 722-2181 or fill out the short form below. We will usually respond within one business day and often the same day. Don’t hesitate. Your questions are welcome!
* Required fields
Your Information is safe with us.
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.
Questions or to Schedule a Consultation: Call (540) 722-2181
Reasons to Create or Update a Last Will or Living Will
- Don’t have a last will or living will
- Have minor children
- Have a DIY / form-generated will and want to upgrade to a more robust document
- Moved to Virginia and want to update your will to comply with Virginia law
- You and/or your spouse are “getting up there in years”
- Have a blended family / 2nd marriage
- Recent illness or adverse medical diagnosis
- Want to transfer your business to the next generation
- Going on vacation or an extended trip
- Having surgery
- Have a special needs child
- Pending divorce
- Want to leave an inheritance to spouse, children, or loved ones
- Want to support charitable interests
Client Reviews – McCarthy & Akers, PLC
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience:
“Everyone we dealt with were pleasant, professional, but most of all compassionate.” “Very nice environment here. We got the help we needed and were pleased when we walked out.,” “Quick and efficient.,” “Great Lawyers for any legal issues you have to deal with. Especially good for real estate dealings.,” “Good communication.,” “Great Service nice people.,” “extremely knowledgeable and professional,” “I would highly recommend him for any type of estate planning.,” “Very professional, realistic and reasonable.,” “I saw Results and Responses in a very timely matter.,” “his Team is just as great as Mr. McCarthy himself,” ”Would recommend to friends or family.”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm, then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
Questions or to Schedule a Consultation: Call (540) 722-2181
About Creating, Changing or Amending a Will / Codicil
Creating a will is one of the most important things you can do for your loved ones. Detailing your property helps your heirs avoid unnecessary problems with probate. It also provides the peace of mind that your possessions and assets will go where you want them to. All wills must meet certain standards, such as being witnessed to be legally valid. That’s why to really ensure the best outcome, people choose to “do it right” and work with an attorney.
If you already have a will and want to change, update or amend the document, a codicil may be required. A codicil typically refers to a change in beneficiaries, change in your personal representative or an addition to the will. The codicil is for when you want to add to, alter, delete, revoke, or republish your will.
We help families within or near the Prince William County area and outside of Virginia when they need to handle issues or an estate for a family member within the state.
Locally, clients come to us from Manassas, Wood Bridge, Dale City, Lake Ridge, Marumsco, Gainesville, Nokesville, Quantico, Loch Lomond, Dumfries, Montclair, Bull Run, Yorkshire, HayMarket, Triangle, Sudley, West Gate, Warrenton, Winchester and Prince William and Frederick Counties.
What To Do Now:
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation to help you move forward and achieve the peace of mind that comes with having everything done properly and efficiently. Since time is often critical to ensure the best result, contact us now by calling us for one-on-one assistance at (540) 722-2181 with your questions, a description of your situation, or to schedule a consultation. You may also simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office. You can expect a reply within one business day and often within hours the same day. All information is confidential.