Winchester Estate Planning Attorney
Looking For The Right Winchester Estate Planning Lawyer To Help You Plan For The Future, Protect Your Legacy, Preserve Your Wealth, Ensure Your Wishes Are Fulfilled And Avoid Future Hassles For You And Your Loved Ones?
Why Choose McCarthy & Akers PLC?
- Custom Plans & Solutions – You and your family are unique. That’s why we don’t use fill-in-the-blank documents. Your plan is YOUR plan. Together we create plans which best protect what you’ve built and fulfills your goals.
- Proactive Approach – We help clients to prevent legal problems and mistakes before they happen.
- Confidential Case Assessment – During your phone assessment, we will listen to you and help you determine your next steps.
- Focused Legal Practice – Our firm has always concentrated on elder law, estate planning, asset protection, trust administration, long-term care plans, and closely related areas.
- No Hidden Fees – Know the costs before starting (in most situations).
- Experienced – In our many years in business, we’ve helped hundreds of families protect their legacy and plan for their future.
- We Take Complex & Difficult Cases – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matter. We do what’s necessary, even in challenging situations. Our attorneys have tried cases at all levels of the Virginia Courts including appeals before the Virginia Supreme Court.
- Alignment with Family Value – We help you consider family dynamics that better ensure your values are carried on.
- Highly Responsive – We strive for “freaky fast” returned client calls. No going dark or waiting days to hear back.
- Client Education Focused – You’ll get a clear & concise understanding of each step in the process.
- Trusted – Elder Counsel Member (Your Success. Our Commitment. Excellence in Elder Law and Special Needs.)
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Named among Virginia’s “Legal Elite” by Virginia Business Magazine. Lead Counsel Rated. Awarded the Distinguished Member designation by the Thomas More Law Center. See some of our client reviews below.
Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Or Request A Consultation
Call (540) 722-2181 or fill out the short form below. We will usually respond within one business day and often the same day. Don’t hesitate. Your questions are welcome!
* Required fields
Your Information is safe with us.
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.
Questions or to Schedule a Consultation: Call (540) 722-2181
Situations And Reasons To Create An Estate Plan
People come to us when one or more of these apply. How many apply to you?
- Asset protection for me and my beneficiaries from future lawsuits, divorce, remarriage, creditors, etc.
- Do not have a last will and/or living will.
- I want to protect my wealth.
- Have young children and want to know what I should have in place while they are still minors and beyond.
- I want to name someone to make health care decisions if I can’t.
- I want to name someone to make financial decisions if I can’t.
- To leave an inheritance to spouse / children / loved ones.
- Having surgery, illness or adverse or uncertain medical diagnosis.
- Caring for an aging parent and want to determine my best options to ensure he/she/they are cared for.
- Ensure my assets, accounts and beneficiary designations are titled properly.
- My plan was created many years ago but I have not revisited it. I’m concerned the plan doesn’t won’t work the way intended when I need it to.
- Moved to and want to update my estate plan to comply with state law.
- I would like to transfer your business to the next generation.
- I have a blended family / 2nd marriage.
- Pending or recently completed divorce.
- I want to support charitable interests.
- I and/or my spouse am/are “getting up there in years”.
The real purpose of Estate Planning is to maintain family privacy, reduce or eliminate family friction, to provide direction on how to transition during times of incapacity or loss, and finally to provide for surviving loved ones.
Client Reviews – McCarthy & Akers, PLC
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience:
“Everyone we dealt with were pleasant, professional, but most of all compassionate.” “Very nice environment here. We got the help we needed and were pleased when we walked out.,” “Quick and efficient.,” “Great Lawyers for any legal issues you have to deal with. Especially good for real estate dealings.,” “Good communication.,” “Great Service nice people.,” “extremely knowledgeable and professional,” “I would highly recommend him for any type of estate planning.,” “Very professional, realistic and reasonable.,” “I saw Results and Responses in a very timely matter.,” “his Team is just as great as Mr. McCarthy himself,” ”Would recommend to friends or family.”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm, then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
Questions or to Schedule a Consultation: Call (540) 722-2181
You have worked hard all your life to accumulate personal assets, and the team at Geisler Patterson Law wants to ensure that you pass on your legacy to you family – at the right time and in the manner you desire – rather than have your hard-earned assets consumed by estate taxes, creditors, predators, and probate expenses.
Estate planning is complex, varied, and multi-dimensional, and must be sensitively designed to achieve a variety of objectives, including, but not limited to:
- Preserving wealth
- Asset protection
- Avoiding probate
- Eliminating or reducing estate taxes
- Preventing the erosion of retirement distribution accounts to estate and income taxes
- Protecting against the potential costs of long-term care
- Asset management in the event of illness or incapacity
We help families both locally within or near the Winchester area and outside of Virginia when they need to handle issues or an estate for a family member within the state.
Locally, clients come to us from Manassas, Wood Bridge, Dale City, Lake Ridge, Marumsco, Gainesville, Nokesville, Quantico, Lock Lomond, Dumfries, Montclair, Bull Run, Yorkshire, Hay Market, Triangle, Sudley, West Gate, Warrenton, Winchester and all of Prince William and Frederick Counties.
What To Do Now:
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation to help you move forward and achieve the peace of mind that comes with having everything done properly and efficiently. Since time is often critical to ensure the best result, contact us now by calling us for one-on-one assistance at (540) 722-2181 with your questions, a description of your situation, or to schedule a consultation. You may also simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office. You can expect a reply within one business day and often within hours the same day. All information is confidential.